Friday, July 10, 2009

Gotta start somewhere...

Hello, and welcome to the Art of the Picture Book! This summer has been very busy with the launch of my new picture book, Woodchuck Chuck. So I haven't had a ton of time to blog about it all. I think I keep waiting for my life to slow down - but we all know how that goes. So, while I should be getting ready to head to Salt Lake for an interview with Studio 5, I decided to start this blog. I hope you will find it interesting and helpful.



I know many people who have an idea for a picture book and wonder about how to make it a reality. I grew up loving picture books and now I am creating them. The life of an artist/illustrator is not as cut and dried as some professions. My wife teases me that I should've become a dentist - (some may disagree, but she says when you get out of dental school, you are a dentist)



We discovered that when you come out art school, you sort of fish around, discover yourself, do what pays, do stuff that doesn't pay, and live with a lot of uncertainty about your career. I am still on that journey, (which is much more interesting than cleaning teeth) but feel like I have come to an exciting point in my career. Thank you for joining me!



No comments:

Post a Comment

this is my comment form message - where am I?